Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryuu (
condescent) wrote2013-05-17 08:26 pm
day seven; private conversation with sanae hanekoma
[Joshua will act like his usual trolly and giggly self until they get to his room. Once the door shuts though, his expression instantly goes serious.]
You've had enough time to readjust to the game, I assume? Tell me your role.
You've had enough time to readjust to the game, I assume? Tell me your role.

no subject
[ But Sanae shifts more serious too, once Joshua drops the giggles. There's a brief pause. ]
... Still up in the air, to an extent. The thing in the rabbit mask is giving offering options, and I haven't made my call yet. You wanna share yours, to start with?
no subject
[and that bit of info gets him to raise an eyebrow. he'd been expecting a claim of regular prey, so this makes things quite a bit more interesting.]
Just a normal prey, I'm afraid. I can't prove it, of course, but you did make it rather obvious in your touching last note to me before you died the first time.
no subject
Truth is, he won't get far in this without help. Not with how much he's missed, and how much credibility he might've lost to the word cut into his hand. ]
Yeah, I'm not real eager to have a repeat of that. Still, looks like I got away easy, compared to most. [ He touches the gunshot scar. Could've been fire and acid! ] Walking and talking, still in the game. Critter brought me back to even the odds, or so he says-- and anyone can see the prey aren't doing too great.
no subject
[he smiles, slow and secretive, at that.] Well...today's trial should be able to change our odds, if I'm right. I've found out quite a few interesting tidbits today. Still, secrets for secrets - are we going to dance around this forever, or are you going to tell me what it is exactly you are?
no subject
[ Sanae does like his gambles. It's not that he thinks Joshua is a hunter-- but he knows that either of them would make a good scavenger. And if this claim were taken as truth by anyone with the hunters, he might be dead (again) within a day. ]
Prey. Prey-aligned, anyway, and I'm gonna need all you've got on who's suspicious and why.
By tomorrow I might be bloodhound.
no subject
You're going to have to explain that one to me in more detail. But all right, since this is important. Get your journal out and start taking notes, because we have a lot to cover.
[flipping open his own journal and putting on his professional Composer voice are you ready for this massive infodump]
First of all: confirmed hunters. You're already aware of the bloodhound and the deerhound as Rapunzel and Ema Skye respectively, I assume? Before Ema Skye revealed herself as the deerhound, someone else had posted an anonymous note claiming to be one of the hounds and asking the other to meet them in her cabin. That person, as confirmed by Kirigiri and Ciel, is Ada Vessalius. Ciel insists that she may be a second bloodhound, but I don't believe it for a second - she's a hunter. I also met up with Beat earlier today and he told me that before she died, Rapunzel had cleared him and given him the names of three hunters she'd found: Tony Stark, Ukyo Kunoji, and England. England has claimed to be a protective role that can save people from dying, but he's most likely covering for America, the true protector who likely has no idea of his friend's real alignment. Our plan is to have Luke act as Beat's proxy during the trial today and execute Tony Stark in order to prove whether his claims are accurate - if they are, then we'll move on to the rest.
Secondly, claimed roles. All the scavengers are dead and all the special hunter roles have been revealed, so let's focus on the prey. Before Ema was stupidly executed by this incompetent town, she had people claim to her via notes. Those notes were passed down to Luke, who showed them to Ciel this morning, and she shared it with Charles and I. We now know what all eight prey roles are, although the identity of one is still a mystery. They are: Ema Skye and Rapunzel as the two hounds, both now dead. Luke as the dove - should he be executed, no one will die that night. Sayaka Maizono as the defender, someone who can arm people with guns. Charles Fei-Ong as the sacrifice, who can save someone from dying at night at the risk of his own life. America as...well, I actually don't know the exact term of his role, but he can save someone from dying without risking himself, although he's been completely useless so far due to England's influence. The vigilante who shot you and Robin - we know they exist, but not who they are, although I have a suspicion about their identity. And finally, and most importantly for you, Ukraine as the watcher. She can pick someone at night and see if they're active or not; with all the roles now revealed, hers will be as good as a bloodhound's. You'll have to coordinate with her so you don't investigate the same people - I can act as a go-between, but if I die, you'll have to approach her directly. But for now, the less private conversations and attention you draw to yourself, the better.
Finally, suspects. Right now, our biggest priority should be finding the convert. Once we find them, that means that everyone Ukraine has confirmed as being inactive at night - Ciel, the Doctor, and Lithuania - are now completely clear, as is anyone who's claimed a role. The two likeliest candidates for conversion are Ciel herself and Kirigiri Kyouko. Ciel...has been acting quite strangely and insisting we spare Ada Vessalius for now, so I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be the convert, but she also shared Luke's notes with us when she could have easily hidden them and denied ever seeing. So I would investigate Kirigiri first - I may ask the watcher to look into Ciel, but seeing as how she knows all the roles, them still being alive the next day should be proof enough.
We don't have any other firm suspects yet, alas. The only thing we've discussed is the fact that all of the Hope's Peak students - that's everyone with a Japanese name here other than ourselves and Kaname Madoka - are still alive, but that could be a coincidence. Well, we do have four confirmed hunters at least, so that'll buy us some time while we hopefully find more information.
[he snaps his journal shut] That should be it. It's been a very busy morning. Any questions?
no subject
All right. Yeah, we'll need you as go-between -- and to get the results spread when it comes time for trials. I don't know whether Critter will announce the change first thing, but once it's public that there's a new prey role, the hunters will start looking. I'll be high on the list just for being a special case already. We'll need a proxy who won't draw suspicion to anyone important.
Today we lost Rapunzel, which means tonight I'll get my pick of open roles, and I'll have something better than deerhound to choose. Once I do, I'm converted permanently. First chance to investigate someone should be tomorrow night, so I'll go after whoever Ukraine doesn't look into tonight.
So-- four hunters to work through, two suspects, plus maybe one of the students. I'll need more names to look into, but for now, looks like we've got plenty on our plates.
I really did miss a lot. Good work, Josh.
no subject
[He nods.] I'll get in touch with her and get back to you on that. If Ukraine is still alive in the morning, that should clear Ciel, as the hunters would want to eliminate her first if they knew her role. As far as your own role and results goes...let's keep that a secret from the rest of the town for now, hmm? The longer the hunters don't know there's a second bloodhound, the better. If you get any results, we'll simply have the proxy announce that the watcher found them.
Right - the students who haven't claimed a role are Makoto Naegi, Aoi Asahina, Mondo Oowada, and Byakuya Togami. Given that at least two of the original seven nations here were hunters, the chances of all six students being prey is slim at best...not to mention the fact that Kirigiri remains alive despite having proven herself both intelligent and a threat for the hunters. I'd still look into her first though, as she would definitely have been my pick for a conversion, and the hunters have been making extremely obvious and unsubtle moves so far. [he rolls his eyes] Remind me to tell you about Edward Nigma and Bruce Wayne some time.
[His smirk at that is smug, but there is just the barest hint of a genuine smile there. He'll never admit it, but he has missed this.] Were you expecting anything less from me?
no subject
[ He jots down the list of names, nodding. ] It'll be one of them, at least. Someone who'd be determined to protect the rest -- a friend of Kirigiri's in particular, I guess. We can take a look at her and go from there.
[ And then, yeah, he gives a casual grin in return. ] Hey, you're a smart guy. Looks like I didn't tell them as much, or they might not have left you alone this long. Unless they think you'll be finished off at the trials-- what was it you said yesterday about nearly being executed?
no subject
I've been keeping to the sidelines for now, but I'll honestly be quite insulted if they think me so little a threat that they don't kill me at some point. [He sniffs.] As for that little incident, Kanaya Maryam had left behind a journal when she died with her notes on who she'd met in town, including a charming little description about how I was 'slippery enough to be a hunter'. [waves a hand] Which I am, but the idiots here were so convinced that noble Bruce Wayne couldn't possibly be a hunter that they latched onto that part and conveniently forgot the rest of the sentence where she said she liked being allied with me, as well as the part where she claimed Wayne was the person she suspected the most.
It was a pretty close shave despite the fact that there was literally no evidence against me whatsoever and piles of it against Wayne, so they may think they'll get lucky the second time they try to frame me.