Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryuu (
condescent) wrote2013-05-18 12:57 am
day seven; private conversation with beat
[He shuts the door behind him and exhales.]
You knew Rapunzel was the bloodhound beforehand. Did she give you any results?
You knew Rapunzel was the bloodhound beforehand. Did she give you any results?

no subject
Three hunters. England, Ukyo Kuonji, and Tony Stark. I'm the only prey she found... that's why she picked me.
no subject
no subject
[he pulls out Rapunzel's journal]
And I made sure to grab this in case she had any rough drafts.
no subject
Tell me she at least wrote down who the hunters were in there.
no subject
[He will hand over the journal.]
... Some of their names are in it, but...
[They're... not exactly accusatory. He's not sure what to do with that.]
no subject
[he pages through it, eyebrows raising] This...is entirely useless. In fact, this may actually hurt your case. She's awfully flattering towards two people she knew were hunters.
no subject
[Maybe she figured once she died, she didn't necessarily want them to be caught. Though that idea certainly makes a mess out of Beat.]
no subject
[he sighs and leans forward] We're going to have to be smart about this. If you come forward today with the revelation that you knew the identities of three hunters beforehand but hid it until both our hounds died and couldn't confirm anything, a journal that supports more than it condemns the people you're accusing, the name of one of the countries after they've made it rather clear that they will eliminate anyone who is a threat to them regardless of what alignment they are, and an accusation against someone who has claimed a protective role, you will be executed on the spot. The only reason I don't think you're a hunter right now is because I know you don't have the right kind of mindset to be able to pull of a lie as elaborate as this. Did you tell anyone else about her results?
no subject
Yeah. I kinda told Luke about it.
no subject
...well, I suppose it could have been worse. At least if he winds up getting executed, it'll hurt the hunters more than it helps. And the town will trust him far more than they'll trust someone who's been gunning after Ciel despite all evidence to the contrary for the past few days.
All right. See if you can't convince him to reveal Ukyo and Tony today or tomorrow, won't you? But make sure he keeps England a secret for now. We're going to have to be careful about him. The town won't be eager to execute someone who's claimed a protective role, and all six countries will likely form a voting block if they think one of them is under fire. The only sure way we'll be able to remove him is if we get a large enough group of people to vote for him in secret.
no subject
[It's a good thing he didn't actually vote for Ema.]
Maybe he can be one of the numbers when we blindside England. But, uh... What should I do about the Ciel thing? I see it was ass backwards now, but then... I was just so scared thinkin' what if a wolf was leading everyone I came up with all kinds of reasons to convince myself it was her.
no subject
As long as you don't tell anyone that you were the one Rapunzel gave her results to, you should be fine. Have Luke say that she investigated him and went to him when she found that he was prey instead. He can be your proxy, so to speak. And while I'm personally fond of Ciel, I will admit that she's one of the likelier candidates when it comes to conversion, right behind Kirigiri. If you're close to Luke and if he has Ema's notes...we need the watcher's identity. They're our only lead now that the bloodhound's gone.
no subject
[he'll try to remember to ask... But in the meantime,]
How soon you think 'til we ready to roll against England, yo?
no subject
We know the identities of four hunters - England, Ukyo Kunoji, Tony Stark, and Ada Vessalius. Oh, Ada's the one who claimed to be the bloodhound in the note, by the way - Ciel thinks there's a chance of there being two bloodhounds, but I seriously doubt it. She's definitely a hunter in my book. We likely have little chance of the vigilante killing England at night, as America will no doubt be protecting him.
Then...the soonest would be the day after tomorrow. We execute either Ukyo or Tony during the trial today; the vigilante, if they haven't been converted and if they've figured it out, will shoot Ada tonight. That leaves us with England and one other hunter. We go after the last remaining hunter tomorrow. Once we finally have a trial where we have no other leads and people are resorting to voting blindly or based on conjecture, as they did yesterday, we band together against England and eliminate him that way. Hopefully by then the watcher will have cleared some other people that will be able to join us in that.
[He sighs.] To be honest, there's a lot of flaws in this plan that I'm not happy about. There's no guarantee that all six of us will survive that long, especially Ciel and Luke who've made themselves rather large targets. If only there were some way we could kill him besides voting him out....